Friday, January 27, 2017

Early Morning Sunrise

This is a photograph that I took at about 6:50 a.m. from my high school parking lot in February of last year.  I used to hate getting up so early in the morning for my zero period class, but every once in a while there would be a perk like this to look forward to.  What really intrigues me about this photograph is that most of the parking lot itself is lighted in grey, whereas just above the horizon there is a beautiful blend of orange, yellow, purple and blue.  I also really loved how these colors, in one form or another, are reflected onto the clouds above.  The lighting really captures the placid atmosphere (something not usually expected in a public school parking lot!), so much so that I think it could almost be the backdrop for a movie or a landscape painting.  Overall, this photo just sums up everything that I really love about nature and the continual rise and fall of our closest star!

No comments:

Post a Comment