Thursday, January 26, 2017



This is a picture that was taken during a dance I performed and choreographed. I originally told the lighting designer that I wanted colors that encapsulated a moment of passion, to help convey the story. I think the lighting designer did a wonderful job in helping tell the story. As an audience member I feel the gel colors the lighting designer choose translate passion, love, and reconciliation. Now of course I collaborated with the designer before I knew about the craft of lighting but we can see that that my vision as a choreographer was conveyed. By me telling the lighting designer that this part in the dance was a "moment of passion" he choice colors that represented the essence of the piece. Much like we talked about in class. Expressions, feelings, and objects all can be convey through light. I think it is fascinating how light can translate into different words and feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment