Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A Rave, Escape Wonderland 2016



So today the picture that I am going to introduce you the lightings in one of the biggest raves at California, Escape Wonderland. People might not be familiar what a rave is, so let me explain. In Wikipedia, the definition of a rave is, "a large dance party featuring performances by DJs and occasionally live performers playing electronic music, particularly electronic dance music (EDM). The music is amplified with a large, powerful sound reinforcement system, typically with large subwoofers to produce a deep bass sound. The music is accompanied by laser light shows, projected images, visual effects and fog machines." In other words, a bunch of crazy people dancing and listening to live EDM. At the same time, there is amazing lighting that brings the energy to the next level.



Actually, this is when I first felt the power of lighting. It easily made everyone in the rave more excited. It was my first time to see so many different kinds lighting. And they were all different from theatre. In the theatre, the lighting is projected on the actors. However, in the rave, the lighting is on you, the audience. Sometimes you could see the laser lights are in front of you and you feel like you could easily grab them if you simply raised your hands. I am always deeply impressed by the lighting anytime I go to a rave. Thus, in my opinion, you have to nearly master the technique of the lighting to become a light designer in a rave. And it will be my ultimate goal after becoming a light designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment