Sunday, February 5, 2017

shining canyon

A couple summers ago, I had the privilege of visiting Antelope Canyon in Arizona with my family. It is a huge canyon that youclimb down into, and take a trail back up the canyon admiring the light that reflects off the beautiful sandstone. This is a photo taken from the bottom, showing how the light bounces off the walls and allows the rock to shine as is dawns down from above. I find this movement of light so fascinating, inspiring me to think that of an ethereal energy was washing over me and I was revived walking through the canyon. It gave me a sense of warmth and I was in awe of the different colors the rocks were able to reflect because of how the light was shining. It also was amazing being able to experience this, because the rocks only reflect like this in the photo at a certain time of day, and I happened to be in the perfect tour group that experienced the "ideal" photo op time slot. I didn't know that the angle in which light comes in can affect so much of how we view the world around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment