Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Sleeping with Light


I know there is not much to look at or see in this picture, but it was taken on my phone and not a low-light camera. This is in my room, the observable white is a curtain covering a window. In real life, the room is a lot brighter. The other night, I took this photo because I was having trouble sleeping because my room was so bright. The white curtain seems to absorb all the light instead of reflecting it and in turn creates a nice, bright, cast of light in my room. I am the kind of person who prefers it to be completely dark when I sleep. It makes sense, that's how our ancestors lived; light is associated with daytime and darkness with night. I am curious now as to how designers portray nighttime. Do they use dim light, dark colors, etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment