Saturday, February 4, 2017

Lights and The Alley Crabs

My best friend is in a band called The Alley Crabs. They play small shows here and there, but the picture to the left, is one of the first shows they ever played with special lights. The lights occasionally changed color: from green to blue to red. This purple however, was my favorite. The purple created this vibrant glow and set the mood for what I think accurately depicts their sound: fun, melodic, and smooth rock. It never occurred to me--the importance of lights in concerts or music-related shows, but seeing this band perform with lights added a whole new dimension. The show itself felt more official and exciting. I am now learning how light and sound can work together to create a majestic or psychedelic music experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment