Saturday, February 18, 2017

Creepy Christmas


This is a photo that I took last near during the holidays. I always appreciate this family for having fun decorations every year for Christmas, but I think the way they are lit up is a bit funny. The decorations themselves are cute and festive, but the low frontlight gives them looming shadows that almost seem sinister. The wood cutout of the Christmas tree is festive, but the shadow makes it look like a huge and dark monster shadow tree is sneaking up on the scene. I think that this family might have a more cheerful set up if they find a way to light their decorations from above. The light also fails to cover all of the decorations which leaves some of them lurking in semi-darkness. I have a dark sense of humor, so this scene makes me laugh, but I'm not sure that this was the family's intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment