Wednesday, March 8, 2017

At the Journey's End

This image brings me both tranquility and happiness, and it's a little hard to explain why.  Most simply put, I over-romanticize air travel because I love the mystery of stepping onto a metal bird and a few hours later landing in a different part of the world.  The lighting of this image, especially the color, conveys these emotions for me.  It could perhaps work quite well as a marketing image to encourage more nervous people to consider air travel!   Also, as we have been talking about in class, the colors alter the composition of the airplane, but rather than making it shadowy and dark in a frightening sense, it feels relaxed, almost sleepy.  I love this photo not just for its mysterious, nostalgic and personal value for me, but also for its gorgeous landscape.  It's been an honor to make this journey through 50C with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment